Desktop Configuration Management (DCM) is a service offering from IT Services for use by technical support staff. It enables departments to standardize the configuration settings on their computers using an automated process. This service is available for both Windows and Macintosh computers.
The DCM service is based on Desktop Configuration Management Best Practices, which defines configuration standards for hardware, software, Internet, network, and security settings. The DCM tool automates the application of those standards.
- Tightens security.
- Masks the complexity of the network from users.
- Ensures desktop-business application compatibility.
- Reduces user and consultant training costs.
- Facilitates changes when computers move or devices are added to the network.
- A computer running Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Mac OS X 10.5 and above.